Winter Rendezvous 2018
Winter Rendezvous V: Cinco De Poulsbo
It’s on again! What Chip “The Boat Guy” Hanauer started in 2014 keeps getting bigger and better. This is the FIFTH year for The Winter Rendezvous and it’s going to be the best yet! More fun, more booze, more shenanigans, and hopefully more money raised for the terrific causes that we support with the Winter Rendezvous! Tickets are available at Brown Paper Tickets – just CLICK HERE.
Free Moorage Baby!
Thank you to our new sponsor this year, Denison Yacht Sales and Port of Poulsbo for providing free moorage for Friday and Saturday nights with purchase of full Winter Rendezvous 5 ticket! To receive free moorage, you must call the Port of Poulsbo asap after buying your ticket and provide them with your Brown Paper Ticket confirmation number.
Arrive on Friday and get checked in at the dock house then fix your favorite cocktail and get cozy on the boat. Just make sure you’re up at the official welcome party at 4:30 (time TBD)! Live music and free beer and wine; the perfect way to warm up for Saturday’s festivities.
Make sure you get plenty of sleep Friday night because Saturday is a long day. Come up to the Sons of Norway hall at 11:00am on Saturday for the often-imitated (not really), never duplicated (very true) Winter Rendezvous Welcome Ceremony! During the ceremony, Chip will give you all the information that you’ll need to have a great time during the day. We are working closer than ever with the shops and businesses in Poulsbo to make sure that your day is unforgettable!
After causing trouble in town all day, you’ll want to wander back up to the Sons of Norway hall at 3:00pm (time TBD) for the official awards ceremony. Each attendee is entered to win one of two epic weekend getaway packages. We will also have amazing prize baskets and certificates from local Poulsbo shops and restaurants, as well as giveaways from our awesome Winter Rendezvous sponsors.
After we’ve given away the prizes and getaway packages we’ll walk outside and join the Sons of Norway Vikings for the march to the bonfire! The ceremonial lighting of the bonfire has been a part of the Winter Rendezvous since the beginning. It’s a blast! Once you’re bonfired-out you’ll have just enough time to head to the boat for a bit and catch your breath before the doors open for our own private dinner at 7:00pm at the Sons of Norway Hall. Beautiful and delicious Paella is cooked on-site and served piping hot. The beer and wine will be plentiful as the band tunes up because right after dinner, the lights drop and the band cranks up. Then it’s time to dance. At the Winter Rendezvous, we love to dance!
That was the Winter Rendezvous in a nutshell. It’s a fantastic time and we always raise a bunch money for one or two fantastic charities. The event sells out sooner every year so if you want to experience this crazy party please get your tickets early.
Join us for 2 days of celebrating winter, boating, and life in the PNW! Follow us on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/thewinterrendezvous.
• Tickets are per-person, not per-boat. Each attendee must purchase a ticket. If you have friends coming on your boat that haven’t purchased tickets yet, please have them do so asap to make sure they can get in.
• Weather Policy: If the weather report looks bad…. come earlier! The party is on and we will be in Poulsbo no matter what the weather does. There are no refunds on Winter Rendezvous tickets.
• As soon as you purchase your Winter Rendezvous tickets, call the Port of Poulsbo (with your confirmation number) and reserve your moorage. We are expecting to sell out again this year so it is important to reserve your spot asap.
• Port of Poulsbo Guest Moorage is now GFCI protected. You might have an issue connecting successfully to the system. If you can’t connect, then you’ll have to run a generator. This poses a potentially big problem for boats that only have a dock-powered heat source as you could have no heat on a sub-freezing temperature night.
• There are multiple reasons why a boat may not be able to connect successfully. The main reason is that there is faulty wiring onboard. Other reasons include timing issues with automatically transferring inverters, or faulty equipment such as a battery charger or hot water heater. If you do not have a generator and you have not tested your boat on Port of Poulsbo’s new dock power (or other GFCI protected facility) please plan accordingly.
• If you have questions about this please contact the Port of Poulsbo before purchasing your tickets. There are no refunds on Winter Rendezvous tickets so please make sure that you have a backup plan in case you are unable to connect to shore power.
• There are nearby hotels so if you want friends to come but don’t want them to stay on your boat just have them buy tickets for the rendezvous and book a hotel room.
Friday, February 9
Saturday, February 10
Sunday, February 11
Winter Rendezvous 2018 Sponsors: