For this month’s libation we turn to Duke of Duke’s Chowder House to bring in the sunny May weather with his Blood Orange Margarita Duketail. This refreshing, fruity drink is just the thing after a hot day on the water. As always, consume responsibly and be safe, boaters!
• 1 1/2 ounces of tequila (Milagro Reposado Tequila is recommended)
• 3/4 ounce of orange liqueur (Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur is recommended)
• 1 lime wedge
• 1/2 orange slice
• 1 ounce of sweet and sour mix (Duke’s Sweet & Sour
Mix recommended, recipe below)
• 1/4 ounce cranberry juice
• 1 dried blood orange disc
• kosher salt and red sugar, mixed
Directions: Place the lime wedge and half an orange slice in a pint glass and fill with crushed ice. Muddle for 10 seconds. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, and sweet and sour mix. Shake gently using a shaker tin and pour into a fresh pint glass pre-rimmed with salt/red sugar mix. Top with ice and cranberry juice. Garnish with the dried blood orange disc and enjoy!
To Rim the Glass: Mix two parts kosher salt and one part red sugar on a small plate. Wet the entire rim of a pint glass with a lime wedge, and then rotate the rim of the pint glass in the mix to coat it.
Duke’s Sweet & Sour Mix: Pour all the ingredients below into a pitcher, and then stir, cover, and refrigerate.
• 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/2 cup Duke’s Pure Cane Sugar Syrup
• 3/4 cup water
We’re thirsty for more recipes, so send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to appear in the next issue.