Home Activities & Entertainment Kyocera to Recycle Phones and Give Minutes to Military Personnel

Kyocera to Recycle Phones and Give Minutes to Military Personnel

by Editor

It’s great when a corporation figures out a way to participate in the community in a meaningful way. Kyocera Communications is helping both the environment and personnel in our armed services.

Kyocera makes several waterproof cell phone models.

Kyocera makes several waterproof cell phone models.

Grab that dead cell phone from the bottom of the drawer, deposit it at one of many locations (hopefully while you’re enjoying Seafair) and give a soldier some minutes. Here’s the information you need to know:


WHAT: Kyocera Communications and Cell Phones For Soldiers, a national nonprofit dedicated to providing cost-free communication services to active-duty military members and veterans, are once again extending a helping hand to active military members and veterans by funding free long-distance service in order for them to stay connected to their families and loved ones. Kyocera and Cell Phones For Soldiers are providing collection boxes at several Seafair locations. Locations include:


  • Kyocera’s booth located next to the Hydroplanes 101 exhibit in Genesee Park;
  • Seafair guest services stations.


WHY: Each recycled phone funds 30 minutes of long-distance phone service for military troops and veterans stationed away from their homes and families. Nearly 2 billion mobile phones are sold each year globally and, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, only 13 percent of unused phones are recycled in the United States, with the remaining 87 percent going to landfills or incinerators.

A longstanding supporter of Cell Phones For Soldiers, Kyocera has already provided more than 50,000 minutes of long-distance service to date through past recycling programs. Kyocera is commemorating the launch of its new Hydro WAVE waterproof, drop-proof smartphone with the recycling program and through a sponsorship of the Hydroplanes 101 exhibit at Genesee Park at the Seattle Seafair.

WHEN: Friday, July 31 to Sunday, August 2, 2015 at Seattle Seafair.

WHERE: Seattle Seafair – Kyocera tent in Genesee Park adjacent to the Hydroplanes 101 Exhibit.

You may also like

Leave a Comment